Translate

Friday 14 August 2015

Guest Host for the August Mixed Media Challenge at FUL

Hi everyone..


I am so excited to have been asked to host the Mixed Media Challenge in the Flying Unicorn Forum for August. This is one of my favorite challenges as I love playing with different mediums.

For my project I chose to alter some  Creative Embellishments Chipboard.

I started with the Steampunk Frame and Steampunk Butterfly  and the light switch cover from my craft room. I covered all 3 pieces with black gesso and let dry.



I then grabbed my Shimmerz - Deep Blue Sea Vibez, Jeni B Bleu Vibez, Palm Reader Vibez and Bamboo Leaf Spritz.

I started with the lighter blue, then lighter green then dark blue and darker green.. Layer upon layer of color.


While the pieces were drying I grabbed 3 flowers and covered them in black gesso. Dried with a heat gun and then added some silks glaze to them. I also cutoff the green leaves from the back of them.

Once all the elements were dry I attached the Butterfly to the frame with heavy gel.  I then picked a few Prima metal and resin gear embellishments and glued them on with Heavy Gel. And again covered them with black gesso.

 Using the same process of color I sprayed all 4 mists in layers. Drying this time in between colors.



Once it was dried completely I added more of the silks used on the flowers... It really darkened spots up and gave it the completed look I was hoping to achieve.

This pic shows it in place on my wall.





This is the finished piece along with all supplies I used.


I hope my piece has inspired you to create trying some new techniques and products. Please join us over on the Flying Unicorn Forum for this and many other challenges.

If you have any questions please send me a message.

If you have time please show me some love on this and any of my posts you like. Comments are greatly appreciated

Until next time happy creating :)


Hugs Shannon
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment